You are missing our excellent site navigation system. Register here for free and get full operational site navigation system. Benefits of full navigation system: Additional items in "home" menu for registered users, shortcuts to your account managements, quick-shortcut links to download and forum sections, show staffs and members online, notify you for new private messages and shortcut to individual messages grouped by senders, tracking latest forum posts since your last visits and reads, and much more.  
 User:  Pwd:  Code: Security Code

Free-Islam.com Free-Islam.com
::  Home  ::  Access Quran Project  ::  Free Islam Quran Translation  ::  Account  ::  Inbox  ::  Forums  ::  Downloads  ::  MP3 Player  ::  Video  ::  Arcade  ::  Chess  ::  Guest Book  ::
www.free-islam.com :: View topic - Is Life a Test?
www.free-islam.com Forum Index Search Forum FAQ Memberlist Ranks Statistics Usergroups
View Favorites Sudoku Coloku Lexoku Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
Information Is Life a Test?

www.free-islam.com Forum Index » Bring it on   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Faith: Islam
Zodiac: Leo

australia.gif

Post subject: Is Life a Test? Reply with quote  

Hello all

Here is a good question by a member on the kuffar web site www.faithfreedom.org:

Popeye wrote:
God sent his messengers and he made this world a test for hereafter.
Is there any verse in the Quran that actually says this?

Ahmed says:

Hello

Here is a verse that clearly says what you want:

Who created death and life that He may try you-- which of you is best in deeds; and He is the Mighty, the Forgiving,
[The Quran ; 67:2]
الَّذِي خَلَقَ الْمَوْتَ وَالْحَيَاةَ لِيَبْلُوَكُمْ أَيُّكُمْ أَحْسَنُ عَمَلًا وَهُوَ الْعَزِيزُ الْغَفُورُ (2)

-> See, "Who created death and life that He may try you-- which of you is best in deeds"

Popeye wrote:
Hello and thank you, Ahmed, I had been looking for that for ages. My dilemma is this, do you think it possible or probable that a Merciful and Forgiving God creates us to live for barely a second and then spends the rest of Eternity (long long time) burning our flesh?

Ahmed says:

Popeye wrote:
Hello and thank you, Ahmed, I had been looking for that for ages.

Hello

There are more verses that say the exact same btw

Popeye wrote:
My dilemma is this, do you think it possible or probable that a Merciful and Forgiving God creates us to live for barely a second and then spends the rest of Eternity (long long time) burning our flesh?

Firstly you only listed one possibility out of 5 possibilities, secondly, even the one you listed is not entirely accurate, let me explain:

There are 5 possibilities (if Allah exits)

1) He does not create us at all
2) He creates us then put all of us in hell
3) He creates us then put all of us in heaven
4) He creates us then leave us without Judgment
5) He creates us then based on Judgment, some will go to hell and others will go to heaven

Logically speaking only option 5 is the most merciful 1 for the following reasons:

1) There is no mercy if He didn't create us at all

2) Surely He will not be merciful if He created us then put all of us in hell

3) While possibilty 3 sounds sounds merciful at a glance, it actually does not make sense that He creates us then put all of us in heaven, sounds like playing to me, or in another word what is the point of creating us and all around us if there is no test associated?, we just can't measure any mercy in here really

4) surely option 4 is not merciful because, how about those perpetrators (like the terrorists and criminals for example) who cause mischief on earth but other humans could not get hold of them to hold them accountable for their crimes?

For example if I can rob the bank next door with an error free plan and 100% no human will catch me, what do you think will stop me other than fearing the horrible punishment of Allah on the JD?

5) possibilty 5 is the most merciful 1, because we will be judged based on our good deeds

He also warned us in advance by sending thoudnads of prophets and many books, imagine this:

If I have full power over you and ordered you to run 2 miles in 5 minues or you will be punished (I won't tell you what punishment I have in mind for you if you fail however I'm planning to kill you if you fail)

Now imagine the same but this time I will tell you (I will kill you if you fail)

Which case you reckon I'm more merciful?, of course case 2 because now I have given you a reason and a good cause to do your best to pass the test, I wont take you by surprise and kill you if you fail, you know in advance that this is going to happen if you fail and in that case I'm 100% honest with you and surely being honest can be considered being merciful, however if I take you by surprise then no way I'm honest nor merciful

Finally, let me tell you why I described your comment as not accurate, because only one crime that will earn eternal punishment (yet if Allah wants otherwise, it wont be eternal), that crime is kufr or shirk, they are both tighed together, in fact every Mushrik must be a Kafir, however not every Kafir is a Mushrik, all other crimes that humans will be held accountable for can be forgiven if they are really true believers, and this alone must be 100% mercy

It is rediculous that you want those who refused the call of Allah to be entitled to His mercy, His mercy will only be granted to the true believers and as He wishes.

Salam

Last edited by AhmedBahgat on Wed 30 May, 2007 10:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Post Messageicon Posted:
Wed 30 May, 2007 12:24 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
SlaveofAllaah
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Capricorn

saudiarabia.gif

Post subject: Reply with quote  

^ Brother AB last week i was reading Surah Al Mulk, i was so astounded by the words mentioned there I wanted to write it here but since you have already mentioned the context of it i fell let me write it down now.

Hamdullillaah as usual your explanation is always the best.

Code:
SHAKIR: Blessed is He in Whose hand is the kingdom, and He has power over all things,

Blessed be Allaah, ofcourse and Allaah has power over all things for sure i dont have anything more but only 3 verses of surah Hashar Verse 22:24 one of my favourite verses

SHAKIR: He is Allah besides Whom there is no god; the Knower of the unseen and the seen; He is the Beneficent, the Merciful
SHAKIR: He is Allah, besides Whom there is no god; the King, the Holy, the Giver of peace, the Granter of security, Guardian over all, the Mighty, the Supreme, the Possessor of every greatness Glory be to Allah from what they set up (with Him).
SHAKIR: He is Allah the Creator, the Maker, the Fashioner; His are the most excellent names; whatever is in the heavens and the earth declares His glory; and He is the Mighty, the Wise.

I have nothing more to say, it feels like as if someones really hammering us with these names over and over again because if people can understand these attributes of Allaah then Allaah will surely provide him with the abode but again Allaah knows the best. Ofcourse many more attributes too.

Code:
SHAKIR: Who created death and life that He may try you-- which of you is best in deeds; and He is the Mighty, the Forgiving,

People feel that death and life are different phases of life, ofcourse with there intellect ofcourse yes. But we fail to understand death is created as how is life also created (not similarity of creation). Hamdullillaah, with death we can actually see how life was also created but in a reverse manner.

Life started with mud, then clay, clay becomes drier and then spirit is blowed into it. Where as death spirit is got out first, the body gets drier, then in a state of clay and then into dust. Hamdullillaah this is the greatness of Allaah and proves how natural our religion is. Here dont we see any evidence about the creation of Allaah

Now ponder death is equivalent to life as the creator of both is only Allaah. But the difference with death is the free choice/freedom what we humans possessed is taken away by Allaah. Allaah u akbar.

Code:
SHAKIR: Who created the seven heavens one above another; you see no incongruity in the creation of the Beneficent Allah; then look again, can you see any disorder?

Here Allaah in his mercy, is telling we humans look at the Heavens and yes seven heavens Allaah says, says look again. Its similar to telling our own kith and kin when we explain 2+2=4, and if s/he doesnt understand to look at it again and understand.

Allaah also makes us understand look again there is no rift in the heavens as in the following verse

13:002
SHAKIR: Allah is He Who raised the heavens without any pillars that you see, and He is firm in power and He made the sun and the moon subservient (to you); each one pursues its course to an appointed time; He regulates the affair, making clear the signs that you may be certain of meeting your Lord.

The verse above again Allaah provides us with evidence, and even in verse 13:002, Allaah provides us with evidence that we will certainly meet our lord.

Code:
SHAKIR: Then turn back the eye again and again; your look shall '~ come back to you confused while it is fatigued.

Allaah u akbar, Allaah is mentioning again and again thats thrice in total to look at it, believe me i would bang up my children if i had to teach them 2+2=4 again and again and again.

Allaah is merciful indeed, as Allaah says in the quran if Allaah wanted he would have destroyed all of us but Allaah is Gafoor, Ar raheem. Thats evidence, upon evidence upon evidence.

Code:
SHAKIR: And certainly We have adorned this lower heaven with lamps and We have made these missiles for the Shaitans, and We have prepared for them the chastisement of burning.

Other evidence to just prove to us the humans that Allaah exists and explains that Allaah has adorned the lower heaven with lamps and missiles to shaitan who go to the heavens to hear what the angels are talking between them.
Here Allaah warns we have prepared these stars for them acting as missiles and will destroy them.
One more of its evidence, to know Allaah exists and Allaah's mercy.

Code:
SHAKIR: And for those who disbelieve in their Lord is the punishment of hell, and evil is the resort.

Here after Allaah provides all the evidence now warns the disbeliever, if Allaah wanted and if he was not merciful he wouldnt have warned us, explained to us, provided evidence to us but Allaah first provides evidence here and then tells the disbelievers that hell and hell is your abode.

This is because Allaah is already warned us in advance much much much in advance, would we then request for something more then to thank Allaah and jsut tell, What more of Allaah's favour can we deny

Code:
SHAKIR: When they shall be cast therein, they shall hear a loud moaning of it as it heaves,

No doubt after so much evidence in the first four verses if we humans cant understand and still deny verses, signs of Allaah its befitting any human.

Code:
SHAKIR: Almost bursting for fury. Whenever a group is cast into it, its keeper shall ask them: Did there not come to you a warner?

Now people ask life is like a test to us, yes ofcourse when Allaah promises you heaven likewise promises you hell you are rewarded in both the cases. Allaah is just here.
Yes ofcourse Allaah is merciful because Allaah sent us messengers as warners that we should believe in Allaah and signs of Allaah, otherwise how would we know our creator.

Yes Allaah doest not directly throws into hell because Allaah is provided us a chance to think aobut our creator, if Allaah wanted Allaah would have thrown us into hell but no because Allaah is merciful and Allaah is just. This is because Allaah provides us with evidence, plenty of them, and again asks us to see the the signs of Allaah, then sends a warners to so that we can identify our own creator and after that we dont wanna accept it Allaah rewards you equally.

Allaah knows the best
Post Posted:
Wed 30 May, 2007 5:59 am
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

Salam brother SOA

Thanks mate for your walkthrough, that was great, this is how we learn the Quran

Also mate, it is great the you will be thinking about a verse then all of a sudden you see that verse hitting ou in your face, I love when it happens to me, it happens to me a lot bro, Al hamdullellah

Take care

Wed 30 May, 2007 8:08 am
SlaveofAllaah
Site Admin
Site Admin

saudiarabia.gif

Post subject: Re: Reply with quote  

I still remember when my father really requesting me read the Quran with tafsir and understand, basically it was surah Alaa, and i read it for 2 years i understood nothing. But after Allaah has guided me, Al hamdullillaah i have understood.

Praise be to God. Learn lots from you brother, now i try to relate arabic words to english more then i used to do it before. This at times helps me, when i am praying behind an imam and try to concentrate.
Post Posted:
Wed 30 May, 2007 9:08 am
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

AhmedBahgat wrote:

Fistly you only listed one possibility out of 5 possibilities, secondly, even the one you listed is not entirely accurate, let me explain:

There are 5 possibilities (if Allah exits)

1) He does not create us at all
2) He creates us then put all of us in hell
3) He creates us then put all of us in heaven
4) He creates us then leave us without Judgment
5) He creates us then based on Judgment, some will go to hell and others will go to heaven

Logically speaking only option 5 is the most merciful 1.

Popeye wrote:
Hello again, I read your reasoning with interest and I will concentrate if you don't mind on your main point.

Hello

Sure

Popeye wrote:
In my opinion there is a flaw in your argument because you are not taking into account God's Omnipotence and Omniscience.

Of course I????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¢m taking this into account, however I????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¢m also taking into account that He is the only God who created us and can do with us whatever He wants regardless we like it or not, and that is what you are not taking into your account. Therefore my argument can not be flawed because I base it on a God who can do whaever, on the other hand you base you argument as God is a human with high morals and knowledge

Popeye wrote:
The existence of an Omniscient God, whose foreknowledge of future events is necessarily correct,

Correct, however you have to define to me what a future event is, and when you do it is only from the human perspective, let me give you a very tough example

An event is time based, for example one day I stood up and said I believe, I can be seen by many others around me or even from far away using a binocular, how people have seen me?

It is because light has reflected from me into all directions until it reached their eyes and they saw me, if some one is far away like 2 light years, then that person will only see me two years later, therefore future is relative and only applies to humans and is restricted by the physic laws (speed of light, earth rotations etc), these physic laws are created by the God Himself, therefore it can????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¢t apply on Him and I????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¢m sure He has His own ways of knowing what our choices according to our freewill will be, that does not take the freewill from us of course because He is not begging us to believe, however He only created us for that reasons and He is calling us according to the test, we have the freewill to pass or not, all makes sense to me

Popeye wrote:
completely precludes human free will.

Not at all, because knowing the human future does not take the freewill from them, He has the knowledge to break His physic laws and know any thing, that is what a God I expect to be, not a super human

Popeye wrote:
If God knows in advance what is going to happen next then we have no choice but to do what He knows otherwise we would make His knowledge
imperfect.

This is a flawed argument, here is another complicated example

Imagine, I want to kill someone, then two days later changed my mind, then two days later, I wanted to kill that person again, then two days later I changed my mind, then after many times I decided not to kill him,

Now God should know that this is how it will end, during all that time I had my freewill intact and sure God knowledge stayed intact

Now if the outcome was the opposite , i.e. I ended up killing the person then God should also know that this will be the outcome, again my freewill is intact and God knowledge is intact

One more aspect that separate the God from a super human with knowledge, is this

If a super human knows the outcome in advance, he may or may know be able to stop it, on the other hand God most certainly can interfere with the event if He wishes so, for example if I ended up wanting to kill someone and went ahead with my plan but God does not want this to happen, then I will fail to kill that person even if I shot him in the head, he is just not going to die, and again my freewill stayed intact and God knowledge stayed intact, His knowledge was simply, that person should not die on that day.

Popeye wrote:
Therefore He knows I'm going to have a banana for breakfast tomorrow. Before the event, he knows what I will chose. Because he's Omniscient.

Of course, and if you changed your mind on that day and had an apple instead, He would have known that you will change your mind and have an apple instead, again, your freewill stayed intact and His knowledge stayed intact, now if he wants to interfere and make the event of eating a banana or an apple will never happen then He can do so with ease, and that is what separate the God from a super human, for example you may die tonight (sorry for the bad example) and you will never have a banana or an apple tomorrow and again He knew that in advance, that is why the Quran teaches us not to say we are going to do such tomorrow unless we say ????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬????????IF ALLAH WILLS????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬????????????????????????????, that is the God quality not a super human quality.

BTW, most kafirs are as such because they lack the knowledge of the God, they want to follow a god they make for themselves (which is no more than a super human with the highest human quakities) instead of listening to what the God says about Himself.

Popeye wrote:
So, tomorrow morning, rolls around. I get out of bed and go for breakfast. I seemingly have a free choice as to what to have for breakfast. I could choose a bacon butty, or a bowl of porridge, or just a cup of coffee, or a banana.

Exactly, now God knows what you will choose, i.e. your freewill in intact and God knowledge is intact

Popeye wrote:
The point being, if I choose anything except the banana, regardless of why I choose then God was wrong.

What a flawed argument that was mate, are you sure you got your argument right?

Here is how you got it wrong:

Yesterday you thought of having a banana today, you assumed that the all knowledgeable God should know that you want to have a banana today, however when today came, you changed your mind and had a ham and egg instead, now why the hell you assumed that God will know that you wanted a banana but you don????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¢t consider that He also knew that you will change you mind and have a ham and egg instead?

Your argument is flawed mate, sorry

Popeye wrote:
So in order to preserve the Omniscience, I only have a "choice" of one thing.

Crap, because you assumed that yesterday God knew that you wanted a banana but you donlt want to assume that he also knows that you will change your mind,

However, I agree that if He does not want you to have the banana nor the ham and egg, you must fail to do so, and that is the God quality, He does not do it randomly though, He does it based on His own reasons.

Popeye wrote:
Suppose Allaah came up to you, gave you an apple, and knew that you would eat it. Are you able to choose not to eat the apple?

If you are trying to simulate the story of Adam, please let me know, on the other hand I wont accept your example as realistic but if you rephrase as another human is giving me an apple, I may look at it

Popeye wrote:
Either I only have a choice from an option set of size one (and therefore could not chose anything else, i.e. no free will), or I can chose something else, thus proving God's omniscience false.

You dont get it mate, sorry, your freewill is intact, if you want to kill a person and Allah does not want that person to die then after you shoot that person between the eyes, the person will still live, see you had your free will intact but Allah only interferes with the outcome, it is exactly when Pharaoh wanted to kill Moses, they failed, yet they had their freewill intact, same with those who wanted to kill Mohamed, on the other hand for those who wanted to kill prophet Yahya, Allah allow it to happen, in all cases the freewill is intact and Allah knowledge is intact.

Popeye wrote:
So God creates Evil and creates us equipped with the pre-destiny of committing sins and we are then tortured for an Eternity??

Again the eternal torture is only for one crime, other crimes punishment are not eternal, the sinful must pay their dues regardless they are believers or not, His knowledge of our future never takes the freewill from us as I explained in details above.

Popeye wrote:
Rather than Merciful, it sounds like torture for torture sake to me.
Salam.

Well tough luck to you and me if we reject His calls, He is a God not a super human, on the other hand me and you can avoid that torture with ease

Salam

Wed 30 May, 2007 11:03 am
SlaveofAllaah
Site Admin
Site Admin

saudiarabia.gif

Let this guy keep playing around with free will and certainty. Good for him he will get to know his games of free will after death, so no problem certain is his death atleast he knows that but uncertain is his meeting with Allaah.

But both death and meeting with Allaah will be certain after popeye's death and unfortunately then he wont have spinach to eat but he will be the fuel for hell.

well i will help you out with destiny stuff AB i found it in one website, it was hard for me understand though but the author mentioned someting good.

I will get it.
Post Posted:
Wed 30 May, 2007 9:56 pm
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

Thanks bro SOA

please do bring it in

Salam

Wed 30 May, 2007 10:20 pm
SlaveofAllaah
Site Admin
Site Admin

saudiarabia.gif

http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref=96978&ln=eng&txt=destiny

One must believe in two things:

1 ????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬?????????????????????¢?? That Allaah, may He be exalted, is the Creator of all things, and nothing happens in the universe except by His will. He knows what is to come and He decreed all of that and wrote it in a Book fifty thousand years before He created the heavens and the earth, as is stated in a saheeh report from our Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). He is Just and does not wrong anyone in the slightest, because He is independent of His creation and has no need of them. He is Kind and Gracious to them constantly, so how could He wrong them?

This principle is indicated by a great deal of evidence in the Qur????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¢aan and Sunnah, such as the verses in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬????????Verily, We have created all things with Qadar (Divine Preordainments of all things before their creation as written in the Book of Decrees ___ Al‑Lawh Al‑Mahfooz)????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬????????????????????????????

[al-Qamar 54:49]

????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬????????No calamity befalls on the earth or in yourselves but it is inscribed in the Book of Decrees (Al‑Lawh Al‑Mahfooz) before We bring it into existence. Verily, that is easy for Allaah????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬????????????????????????????

[al-Hadeed 57:22].

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬????????Allaah decided the decrees of creation fifty thousand years before He created the heavens and the earth. He said: And His Throne is above the water.????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬???????????????????????????? Narrated by Muslim (2653).

2 ????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬?????????????????????¢?? Man has free will and choice by means of which he does some things and refrains from others, and he believes or disbelieves, and he obeys or disobeys, for which he will be brought to account and rewarded or punished, although Allaah knows what he will do, what he will choose and what his ultimate destiny will be. But Allaah does not compel him to do evil, or to choose kufr, rather He clearly shows him the path and He has sent Messengers and revealed Books, and shown him the right way. Whoever goes astray does so to his own loss,.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬????????And say: ????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬????????The truth is from your Lord.????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¢ Then whosoever wills, let him believe; and whosoever wills, let him disbelieve????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬????????????????????????????

[al-Kahf 18:29]

????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬????????Verily, We showed him the way, whether he be grateful or ungrateful????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬????????????????????????????

[al-Insaan 76:3]

????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬????????So whosoever does good equal to the weight of an atom (or a small ant) shall see it.

8. And whosoever does evil equal to the weight of an atom (or a small ant) shall see it????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬????????????????????????????

[al-Zalzalah 99:7,8]

????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬????????And it will be cried out to them: ????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬????????This is the Paradise which you have inherited for what you used to do????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¢????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬????????????????????????????

[al-A????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¢raaf 7:43]

????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬????????so taste you the abiding torment for what you used to do????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬????????????????????????????

[al-Sajdah 32:14]

Allaah tells us that man believes and does righteous deeds by his own choice and free will, then he enters Paradise, or he disbelieves and does evil deeds by his own choice and free will, then he enters Hell.

Every person knows in his own heart and by looking at those around him, that our deeds ????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬?????????????????????¢?? good and evil, obedient and sinful ????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬?????????????????????¢?? are done by our own choice, and we do not feel that there is any force compelling us to do them. You can curse, swear, lie and backbite, just as you can praise Allaah, glorify Him, pray for forgiveness, speak the truth and give sincere advice. You can walk to places of idle entertainment, falsehood and evil, just as you can walk to the mosques or places of goodness and obedience. A man can strike with his hand, steal, speak falsehood and betray, or he can help the needy, do good and do favours with his hands. Everyone does some of these deeds and he does not feel that he is compelled or forced, rather he does them by his own free will and then he will be called to account for them; if they were good, then the consequences will be good, and if they were bad then the consequences will be bad.

What Allaah has decreed is something that man cannot know and he cannot base his deeds on it or use it as an excuse. It is also not valid for him to object to his Lord by questioning why He has caused someone to be among the doomed or the blessed. Allaah has not wronged the one who is doomed, rather He gave him time and ability and freedom of choice, and He sent to him Messengers and revealed Books to them, and He reminded him and warned him with all kinds of reminders, such as calamities and tests, so that he would repent to Him and turn to Him. If he chose the path of misguidance, and followed the way of criminals, he only harmed himself, and he is the one who has caused his own doom, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬????????Indeed he succeeds who purifies his ownself (i.e. obeys and performs all that Allaah ordered, by following the true Faith of Islamic Monotheism and by doing righteous good deeds).

10. And indeed he fails who corrupts his ownself (i.e. disobeys what Allaah has ordered by rejecting the true Faith of Islamic Monotheism or by following polytheism, or by doing every kind of evil wicked deeds)????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬????????????????????????????

[al-Shams 91:9, 10]

????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬????????Allaah wronged them not, but they wronged themselves????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬????????????????????????????

[Aal ????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬????????Imraan 3:117]

????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬????????Has not the story reached them of those before them? ????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬?????????????????????¢?????????????????????? The people of Nooh (Noah), ????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬????????Aad, and Thamood, the people of Ibraaheem (Abraham), the dwellers of Madyan (Midian) and the cities overthrown [i.e. the people to whom Loot (Lot) preached]; to them came their Messengers with clear proofs. So it was not Allaah Who wronged them, but they used to wrong themselves????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬????????????????????????????

[al-Tawbah 9:70]

To sum up: the belief that Allaah is the Creator Who has decreed all things and has distinguished those who are blessed from those who are doomed, does not mean that Allaah forces His slaves to obey or disobey. Rather He has given them the ability to choose and free will, which is what they act upon, and for which they will be brought to account. Your Lord does not wrong His slaves.
Post Posted:
Thu 31 May, 2007 12:27 am