You are missing our excellent site navigation system. Register here for free and get full operational site navigation system. Benefits of full navigation system: Additional items in "home" menu for registered users, shortcuts to your account managements, quick-shortcut links to download and forum sections, show staffs and members online, notify you for new private messages and shortcut to individual messages grouped by senders, tracking latest forum posts since your last visits and reads, and much more.  
 User:  Pwd:  Code: Security Code

Free-Islam.com Free-Islam.com
::  Home  ::  Access Quran Project  ::  Free Islam Quran Translation  ::  Account  ::  Inbox  ::  Forums  ::  Downloads  ::  MP3 Player  ::  Video  ::  Arcade  ::  Chess  ::  Guest Book  ::
www.free-islam.com :: View topic - Performing Salat in a language other than Arabic
www.free-islam.com Forum Index Search Forum FAQ Memberlist Ranks Statistics Usergroups
View Favorites Sudoku Coloku Lexoku Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
Information Performing Salat in a language other than Arabic

www.free-islam.com Forum Index » Bring it on   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Faith: Islam
Zodiac: Leo

australia.gif

Post subject: Performing Salat in a language other than Arabic Reply with quote  

Salam all

One of the Muslims members on FFI raised a thread offering to answer any question he be asked, generally I always read what the other Muslims say to the Kafir, it is either I will learn something from them or learn what they know about their religion, so I noticed something that was said by the Muslim brother in his replies to the kafirs, so I asked for further information:

orangupahan wrote:
To standardize. We must conduct physical prayer in Arabic,

Salam Bro

From which source, that above MUST law is obtained?

Salam

So he replied back as follow:

AhmedBahgat wrote:

orangupahan wrote:
From Prophet Muhammad's sunnah

I really wonder how a so called Muslim will be able to reply to such question while failing to reply the GREETING despite it is a law from Allah in the Quran to to reply with a better greeting or at least reply wiith the same, possibly he considers me an enemy because I do not hold their views regarding the hadith as far as they are concerned, but that may be the other way around too, that I may consider him an enemy because he holds different views to what the Quran says as far as I'm concerned

Possibly that is why his answer was also not supported by any Quran verse or any Hadith, so I asked him again:

AhmedBahgat wrote:

orangupahan wrote:
From Prophet Muhammad's sunnah

Salam again

That was not a complete answer, would you please show me or direct me to which hadith exactly?

Thanks

See, I even asked him for a hadith to support his claim, however I did not wait because I know that there is nothing in the hadith to support his claim, so I replied again with the Quran:

Salam All

As most of you know already that I�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??m a native Arabic speaker, as well fond of the language since I was a child, this fact may give a bit of merit that my opinion least likely may be biased to my language

Firstly let me answer the question, can the prayer to Allah after Islam is sent be performed using other languages?

My logical reply, YES

Now I need to support what I said using the Quran, but I would like to state that I read the reasons in the url by a Scholar regarding his denial that the Salat may be performed in another language but Arabic, nothing of what he said had any merit or logical substance, he totally ignored a few facts:

1) That Allah is the one who caused the humans to have many languages as a sign to to all of us, let�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??s have a look:

And among His signs are the creation of the heavens and the earth and the diversity of your tongues and colors; most surely there are signs in this for the learned.

[The Quran ; 30:22]

وَمِنْ آيَاتِهِ خَلْقُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ وَاخْتِلَافُ أَلْسِنَتِكُمْ وَأَلْوَانِكُمْ ۚ إِنَّ فِي ذَٰلِكَ لَآيَاتٍ لِلْعَالِمِينَ (22)

-> See how clear the message is: And among His signs are the creation of the heavens and the earth and the diversity of your tongues and colors;, see, the diversity of our tongues is a sign from Allah, i.e. He is the one Who have caused it.

2) Now, if we remember well, that many of the messages sent by Allah before Islam like the Torah or the Injil, were not in Arabic, this means that sending messages is not exclusive to the Arabic language, in fact, Allah has told us that even if the Quran was sent in a non Arabic language, many people would still have not believed, let�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??s have a look:

And if We had made it a Quran in a foreign tongue, they would certainly have said: Why have not its communications been made clear? What! a foreign (tongue) and an Arabian! Say: It is to those who believe a guidance and a healing; and (as for) those who do not believe, there is a heaviness in their ears and it is obscure to them; these shall be called to from a far-off place.

[The Quran ; 41:44]

وَلَوْ جَعَلْنَاهُ قُرْآنًا أَعْجَمِيًّا لَقَالُوا لَوْلَا فُصِّلَتْ آيَاتُهُ ۖ أَأَعْجَمِيٌّ وَعَرَبِيٌّ ۗ قُلْ هُوَ لِلَّذِينَ آمَنُوا هُدًى وَشِفَاءٌ ۖ وَالَّذِينَ لَا يُؤْمِنُونَ فِي آذَانِهِمْ وَقْرٌ وَهُوَ عَلَيْهِمْ عَمًى ۚ أُولَٰئِكَ يُنَادَوْنَ مِنْ مَكَانٍ بَعِيدٍ (44)

-> See: And if We had made it a Quran in a foreign tongue, , i.e. the Quran is possible to be in a forgein tongue, I do understand that in such case it will be said by Allah still, but if we consider the previous verse that it was an act of Allah to create such diversity in our tongues, then how can those who know no Arabic (caused by Him) and could not understand Arabic, comprehend His message and follow it?

It will be impossible to believe that those who know no Arabic are obliged to learn Arabic to understand the final message of Allah while He was the One Who made them not to understand Arabic from the first place. And even if many managed to do so (learn Arabic), only those young ones who may comprehend the full strength of the language if they did intense studies, how about the oldies?, will they miss out?, how hard for an old man to learn a new language?

3) Well, those ignorant scholars who are deprived of using any cell in their brains, tell us that they can not recite Arabic Quran verses in another language during Salat, so for those non Arabic speakers, they need to learn how to parrot a few Arabic verses during the Salat, without knowing what the hell they are saying, in clear violation to what the Quran told us to do during Salat, see, when Allah told us not to come near the Salat while we are drunk or intoxicated, He gave us the reason why, let�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??s have a look:

O you who have believed! Do not come near the prayer when you are confused until you know what you say, nor when you are unclean -unless being travellers on the road- until you wash yourselves; and if you are sick or on a journey or the call of nature comes to anyone of you or you have touched the women, but you cannot find water then use clean soil, and wipe your faces and your hands; indeed Allah is Pardoning, Forgiving.

[Al Quran ; 4:43]

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ لاَ تَقْرَبُواْ الصَّلاَةَ وَأَنتُمْ سُكَارَى حَتَّىَ تَعْلَمُواْ مَا تَقُولُونَ وَلاَ جُنُبًا إِلاَّ عَابِرِي سَبِيلٍ حَتَّىَ تَغْتَسِلُواْ وَإِن كُنتُم مَّرْضَى أَوْ عَلَى سَفَرٍ أَوْ جَاء أَحَدٌ مِّنكُم مِّن الْغَآئِطِ أَوْ لاَمَسْتُمُ النِّسَاء فَلَمْ تَجِدُواْ مَاء فَتَيَمَّمُواْ صَعِيدًا طَيِّبًا فَامْسَحُواْ بِوُجُوهِكُمْ وَأَيْدِيكُمْ إِنَّ اللّهَ كَانَ عَفُوًّا غَفُورًا (43)

-> See: O you who have believed! Do not come near the prayer when you are confused , please be aware the the word confused is the best suited in English, anyone who is drunk/drugged is also confused, then we are told why we should not come near the Salat while we are confused: until you know what you say , see, and that is the whole requirment of the prayer, that we know what we are saying, not parrot some Arabic words by the non Arabic speakers because some ignorant scholars claimed that the Salat must be in Arabic, it is like they are in favour to go against what Allah says above, that we should know what we say while we are praying, and I'm sure that many of the non Arabic speakers know nothing of what they parrot during the Salat without learning the Arabic language first, indeed in many non Arabic Islamic countries, they teach them to recite the Arabic verses without knowing what the hell they are saying

My conclusion that, there is certainly no problem to pray the Islamic prayer in your native language, as long as you are aware and know every word you are saying during salat and most certainly our native language will be most suited

The objective of the Quran is the MESSAGE, not the words, the fact that the words are divine as considered by the believers is very much appreciated by them, however this should not delude them away from the message, i.e. comprehending it and appreciating it.

Salam
Post Messageicon Posted:
Thu 28 Aug, 2008 10:16 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website